Mission of Indian Education Program:
Our mission is to combine the efforts of the greater Sault community, Indian tribes, schools, teachers, organizations and parents to preserve the unique cultural heritage and to foster educational opportunities for our native youth.
What are the program goals?
- Increase in performance in reading and math
- Increase cultural awareness
- Decrease chronic absenteeism
- Increase graduation rate
What are some of the program activities?
- Implement programs that improve outcomes for Indian students
- Monitor student achievement
- Monitor student attendance
- Monitor student behavior
- Parent contact and communication
School District Program Staff
- Sault High School Advisor, Jennifer Blair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malcolm High School Advisor, Laurie Morley, lmorley-SAS@eupschools.org
- Sault Middle School Advisor, Erika Laitinen-Odbert, email@example.com
- Elementary Schools, Symantha Morley. firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Policies and Procedures
- Draft for January 2023
Indian Education Parent Committee Meetings
- Second Monday of the month from October through April
- Annual Open Hearing and Organizational Meeting- September-October
- Additional Open Hearings in December and April
Parent CommitteeIndian Education has a parent committee that participates and helps determine how grant funds are spent. The members are:
Title VI Grant and Program Report
Parent and Tribal Involvement
- Parents of Indian children and Tribal members may contact Amy Scott-Kronemeyer at email@example.com or 906-632-5653 for any documents related to the Indian Education Program, coordination of services, question or concerns.