Mission of Indian Education Program:
Our mission is to combine the efforts of the greater Sault community, Indian tribes, schools, teachers, organizations and parents to preserve the unique cultural heritage and to foster educational opportunities for our Native youth.
What are the program goals?
- Increase performance in reading and math
- Increase cultural awareness
- Decrease chronic absenteeism
- Increase graduation rate
What are some of the program activities?
- Implement programs that improve outcomes for Indian students
- Monitor student achievement
- Monitor student attendance
- Monitor student behavior
- Parent contact and communication
School District Program Staff
- Sault High School Advisor, Jennifer Blair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malcolm High School Advisor, Ann Schmit, email@example.com
- Sault Middle School Advisor, Drew Paquin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Schools, Symantha Morley. email@example.com
- Program Coordinator, Amy Kronemeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Policies and Procedures
- Indian Policies and Procedures of the Sault Area Public Schools
- Indian Policies and Procedures Review 2019
Indian Education Parent Committee Meetings
- Second Monday of the month from October through April
- Open Hearing in October and April
- Location: Sault Middle School
- Time: 5:30 PM
- Agenda 12/10/2018,
Parent CommitteeIndian Education has a parent committee that participates and helps determine how grant funds are spent. The members are:
- Becky Dale
- Sandy Sawyer
- Tan-A Hoffman
Title VI Grant
- Grant Application for 2019
- Assessment of Indian Education Program 2018 - This assessment was shared with the School Board of Education at the Open Hearing and Board Meeting April 23, 2018.
Parent and Tribal Involvement
- Parents of Indian children and Tribal members should contact Amy Scott-Kronemeyer at email@example.com or 906-632-5653 for any docuiments related to the Indian Education Program, coordination of services, question or concerns.