~ The reason people fail instead of succeed is, they sacrifice what they want most for what they want at the moment.~Mr. FroslandRoom 202906-635-6638 Ext. email@example.com email anytime, this is the best method to reach me.If you prefer to call, please call before school, after school or during my conference hour.Sault School District (DRAFT) Restructuring for next school year (2018-19)
- See district website: www.eupschools.org then scroll down and on the left hand side there will be a tab that says School Reconfiguration Information.
Information for Frosland Classes.
- I am really big on students self advocating for themselves. At the high school level students should take responsibility for their own actions by staying caught up on their work in all their classes. This is an adult responsibility that all students should be doing at the high school level to prepare for life post high school.
- ATTENTION PARENTS & STUDENTS: I have found over the years that a cell phone is the number 1 distraction in education today (my opinion). Keeping phones turned off in class is extremely important to insure full and complete attention of what is going on in class. Its very difficult for students to do an assignment if they are not paying attention during instruction.
- Parents, please do not call, email, text or post anything to your child when you know they are in class, this breaks concentration and oftentimes the students will never get back on task once there is an outside disruption. This happens almost every day believe it or not.
- Students, please limit your phone calls to before school, between classes, at breakfast/lunch and at the end of the school day. It really does make a big difference in your attention and grades.
- If you are IN CLASS, you need to be doing the work for the day. You MAY NOT skip the work for the day and expect to make it up on a flex friday, it doesn't work that way. Flex fridays are used for extra help, making up work from an absence and finishing work that maybe wasn't completly done.
Daily Schedule: Class Times for 2017-18 school year1st Hour: 8-8:45 Math Recovery at Lincoln2nd Hour: 8:48-9:33 Math Recovery at LincolnBreakfast: 9:33-9:433rd Hour: 9:43-10:33 Math Recovery at Lincoln4th hour: 11:24-12:09 Conference5th hour: 11:24-12:09 Achieve 3000 (Reading program)Lunch: 12:09-12:296th hour: 12:29 - 1:14 Health7th hour: 1:17 - 2:02 Resource Room8th hour: 2:05 - 2:50 Resource RoomTo the parents of Resource Room Students: Teachers make a big effort to stay caught up on grading but sometimes get behind. If you are looking at your childs grade in illuminate and you see failing grades/assignments, it may be because the student has not done the assignment OR it may be that the student has completed the assignment but the teacher has not recorded the grade yet. I check grades often and make the students aware of what they are missing. They are very much aware when they are falling behind. I am here for guidance and support but the big factor in all of this is effort from the student. I will not do the students work for them but I will help them in every way possible. If you see a problem in a particular class, please don't hesitate to call or email the teacher, communication is important.Students, Parents and friends of Malcolm Students: Please please please do NOT call your child or friend during school hours unless you know they are not in class. This has become an increasing problem with students EVERYWHERE and a severe distraction in the classroom. Its not fair to other students who are engaged in classroom learning to be interrupted by a phone call, text, email, posting etc... Speaking as a person who has ADHD, I can tell you that once my concentration and attention is broken, its very difficult to get back on task after a disruption. Please be respectful of other students and call only when you know your child or friend is not in school.Another aspect of phone usage in school (during class) is that parents are more than ever thinking that their child has a learning disability because they are not completing assignment, don't understand the material, and getting failing grades. As a special education teacher, I can tell you that most of the time, it is NOT a learning disability but rather the distractions students receive during class and also during the school day. Please refrain from phone usage while in class.
- Another aspect of phone usage in school (during class) that seems to be on the rise is that parents are more than ever thinking that their child has a learning disability because their child is not understanding the material, not completing assignments, and are getting failing grades. As a special education teacher, I can tell you that most of the time, it is NOT a learning disability but rather the distractions students receive during class and also during the school day. Please refrain from phone usage while in class, believe me, it will make a big difference in your child's grades.
Last Modified on January 11, 2018