Lincoln Elementary Physical Education
Course or Grade
Elementary PE - Lincoln Elementary
I know that resources for traditional PE activities may not be available at home. Encourage your child to try to do some sort of exercise each day. Use your best judgement on what activities your child participates in based on social distancing from others outside your home (i.e. riding bike, taking walks, etc). Most experts recommend 60 minutes of physical activity each day for children. I would not recommend doing it all at once as they may get bored, break it up into 10-15 minutes time segments throughout the day.
Below you will find links to activities that you can do with your child at home.
Plan for Submitting Work and Feedback
Keep a log of what activities you do each day and for how long. You can track your progress and see how much you improve. There is no need to turn this log in, but you can use it to develop healthy habits for you and your family.
Additional Supports and Extra Help
The following information is from one of the leading PE instructors in the country.
A Message from Dr. Robert Pangrazi
I wanted to share a few guidelines as well as some activities for you to pass along to parents as they navigate in-home learning over the next several weeks:
1. Success is a great motivator. Regardless of the activity, start with activities your youngster can perform.
2. Novelty also motivates children. Change activities often and use different pieces of equipment.
3. Do activity in short spurts. Children quickly become fatigued and bored. Stop before both you (parents) and your child become frustrated.
4. Reinforce effort and trying. Pushing for a successful performance will result in frustration. If a youngster fails at an activity several times, move to a different activity and come back to it later.
5. Perform activities outdoors when the weather allows. Aerobic activity is best suited to outdoor areas.
6. As a parent, be positive and share the enjoyment of watching or taking part in your child’s play. Children learn through movement and the social interactions related to movement.