- Sign up in the front office with Mrs. Gregory.
- Classes are offered twice during the school year.
- Student must be 14 years and 8 months by the first day of class.
- Due to licensing through the State, students must finish both levels prior to turning 18.
- Student must be passing 6 of 7 classes.
- Discipline will be considered when formulating the class roster.
- Cost is $325.00 - $225 must be paid in advance of the first day of class.
- The remaining balance due before being issued a Level 1 Certificate. This fee covers Segment I and II.
- 24 hours classroom instruction
- 6 hours behind the wheel.
- Attendance is mandatory. A student is allowed to make up one missed class with the exception of the first class, it is mandatory.
- Pass an 80 question State Test.
- Students must keep a log of required driving time and present it to the Segment II instructor prior to getting into that class, along with the permit from the Secretary of State.
- Offered 5 times throughout the school year (check posted schedule)
- No fee if taken through Sault High. $60 for all others
- No sign up, first come first served basis
- Must bring Level 1 License to verify possession of at least 3 months and driving log.
- 6 hours classroom instruction.
- Pass a 20 question State Test.
Visit michigan.gov/teendriver for details on Graduated Licensing, Tips for Parents and much more.
- Must have Level 1 License minimum of 6 months and be 16 years of age.
- Fee required.
- Schedule road test - at Street Smart Driving Cheboygan, Mi 231-597-8556. The State of Michigan has yet to find a replacement for Chippewa County. We will update when it happens.