Native American Advisor
Mrs. Ann Schmit, Native American Advisor
Hi, I'm Mrs. Schmit. I am a mother of 2 young children, a Sault Tribe member, and a Sault High alumni. I went to Spokane Falls Community College in Washington state while my husband served in the Air Force and received my Associate's degree in Special Education in 2014. I'm a recent graduate of Central Michigan University where I received a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. My passion has always been to be an educational resource in our school district. I'm looking forward to my time here at Malcolm and getting to know each student. Don't hesitate to call or stop in if you need anything!
Phone: (906) 635-6638 x 5224
Fax (906) 635-3836
Listed below is some information I would like to share with you.
Academic Services/Indian Education-Sault Schools www.saultschools.org
- Sault High School Advisor - Jennifer Blair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malcolm High School Advisor - Ann Schmit email@example.com
- Sault Middle School Advisor - Drew Paquin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator - Amy Kronemeyer email@example.com
Mission of Indian Education Program:
Our mission is to combine the efforts of the greather Sault community, Indian tribes, schools, teachers, organizations and parents to preserve the unique cultural heritage and to foster educational oppurtunities for our Native youth.
What are the program goals?
- Increase performance in reading and math
- Increase cultural awareness
- Decrease chronic absenteeism
- Increase graduation rate
What are some of the program activites?
- Implement programs that improve outcomes for Indian students
- Monitor students achievement
- Monitor student behavior
- Parent contact and communcation
School District Program Staff
- Sault High School Advisor, Jennifer Blair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malcolm High School Advisor, Ann Schmit, email@example.com
- Sault Middle School Advisor, Drew Paquin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Schools, Symantha Morley, email@example.com
- Program Coordinator, Amy Kronemeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
indian Policies and Procedures
- Indian Polices and Procedures of the Sault Area Public Schools
Indian Education Parent Committee Meetings
- Second Monday of the month from October through April
- Open Hearing in October and April
- Location: Sault Middle School
- Time: 5:30 p.m.
- Becky Dale
- Sandy Sawyer
- Tan-A Hoffman
Title VI Grant
- Grant Application for 2019
- Assessment of Indian Education Program 2018 - This assessment was shared with the School Board of Education at the Open Hearing and Board Meeting April 23, 2018.
Parent and Tribal Involvment
- Parents of Indian children and Tribal members should contact Amy Scott-Kronemeyer at email@example.com or (906)-635-5653 for any documents related to the Indian Education Program, coordination of services, questions or concerns.