Return to Headlines
EUP Literacy Summit- Opening Minds
EUP Literacy Alliance
Connect * Educate * Achieve
The work of our literacy alliance will greatly improve community programs, practices, and procedures in the Eastern Upper Peninsula.
The EUP Literacy Alliance is committed to
- build the capacity of the School-wide and Community-wide Practices in Literacy.
- create an environment of support for educators, students, families, and the greater community that promotes development and learning of the whole child.
- support educators with identifying literacy needs and develop strategies centered around the Essential Practices.
- expand on our collaborative network of community partners centered around literacy
- collect data to evaluate systems, inform decisions and inform stakeholders
The EUP Literacy Alliance will host its first Literacy Summit on Friday, October 4, 2019.
Conference Times: 8:30 am -3:30 pmConference OverviewSign-In: 7:30 am-8:30 amKey Note: 8:30-9:45Here is a sneak peak into what you might expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQo6oPdtMYSession A: 10:00-11:30Session B: 12:15-1:45Session C: 2:00-3:30Conference Presenters
- Dr. Meghan Block
- Dr. Peter Johnston
- Dr. Kathryn Roberts
- Dr. Chad Waldron
- Wendy Miller
- Dr. Donna Fiebelkorn
- Rachel Fuerer, Tammy Hazley, Ruthann StarkCost:
- Per Person $150
- LSSU and BMCC Students: $30
- Teacher Cadets(High School Students) $30Includes
- Coffee Bar and Sweets (sponsored By mBank and MEEMIC Doug Laprade Insurance Agency)
- Boxed LunchThank You Event Sponsors:MEEMIC Doug Laprade Insurance AgencymBank- Sault Ste. MarieREMC 22- Website DesignLocation: Lake Superior State University, 650 W. Easterday Ave. Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Wisdomwhere Registration: Conference Link