Welcome New Families! We are so excited that you are interested in enrolling at Sault Ste. Marie Area Public Schools. We truly believe selecting us as the primary educator for your son or daughter is one of the best choices you will ever make for him or her.
If you haven't already, we encourage you to learn more about our district and the many outstanding programs we have to offer. Our website, www.saultschools.org, is by far the best tool to gain knowledge about our district. We encourage you to read our program offerings, and explore each of our individual school websites as well.
If you would like even more information, we would love to have you schedule a tour of the school your child(ren) might attend. Just call the school's main office to schedule a tour. The school principal will be more than happy to provide a tour of the school and sit down with you to answer any additional questions you may have.
When you're ready, all of the documents and information you need to start the enrollment process are here waiting for you. We provide a simple checklist of the items you will need in order to complete the enrollment process.
Required to Provide
- Certified birth certificate (not from Hospital)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (bill with name and address on it)
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Certified copies of court orders or placement papers (if applicable)
- Tribal Card (if applicable)
Required to Complete and SubmitThese forms are included in the New Student Enrollment Packet.
- Form E1 - Student Enrollment Form, must be signed and dated
- Form E2 - Child History Form / Health Information Form
- Form E3 - Concussion Awareness Form
- Form E4 - Special Education Form - signed and dated
- Form E5 - Consent for Disclosure of Immunization Information
- Form E6 - Home Language Survey
Schools of Choice
Schools of Choice programs provide students with additional enrollment opportunities, which range from allowing students to determine which school within the resident district they will enroll, to allowing non-resident students to enroll in a district other than their own.
Families that do not reside in Sault Area Public Schools District boudaries, must complete a simple application form. School of Choice deadlines are established by law and are strictly followed.
Sault Schools annually hosts hockey players from many different communities, states and nations. Please contact 906-635-3839 ext 5000 immediately to start the approval process.